International students

We deliver a range of learning opportunities to both local and visiting students. If you are an international applicant, you must adhere to the relevant English language entry requirements, depending on the course you are applying for.

Please be aware the Isle of Man Government Travel Notification Service (TNS) which is managing travel to and from the island during the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, has confirmed the following in relation to International students:

“Each of the students will be required to apply online for the Manx Entry Permit under contractual obligations  International students will be asked to provide a proof of their College placement and copy of a rental (accommodation) agreement. The student will still have to gain a Study Visa, as the Manx Entry Permit does not replace it.”

For further information regarding moving to the Isle of Man, please refer to the government's guidelines:

Further education and Higher National courses

If your first language is not English and you would like to apply for one of our further education or Higher National courses, please contact for further details about the relevant English language entry requirements you must meet.

Higher education courses (University of Chester)

Applicants who are not residents of the Isle of Man must meet additional entry requirements.

UCM is an Associate College of the University of Chester. Therefore, if you are an international applicant to either our undergraduate or postgraduate courses that are validated by the University of Chester and your first language is not English, you must provide evidence that you meet the English language requirements stated by Chester University  These are in addition to the academic and/or vocational entry requirements of your respective course.