About the Exams Office
The Exams Team at UCM handles all elements of the examinations, from registration to certification 52 weeks a year, for the extensive range courses and curricula we offer. The exams facilitated include:
- Academic exams from entry-level upwards for a range of Awarding Bodies. Qualifications include functional skills, iGCSE, GCSE, GCE and Degree level.
- Vocational exams such as; City & Guilds, Highfield Catering and Motor Vehicle ABC Awards include written and online assessments as well as the recording of practical achievements.
- Professional exams: we facilitate examinations for a large number of Professional Awarding Bodies together with the University of Chester and, amongst others, the University of London and the University of Northumbria. Many students undertaking distance learning programmes find that they are able to sit their exams at UCM, saving them travel and accommodation costs, but also giving them more time to study in the run-up to the exam.
- Knowledge of Life in the UK and Islands which is an immigration requirement for people wanting to naturalise to the Island. These exams are usually held on the first Thursday of every month. Download the forms to book for this exam for 8th September 2022 or 6th October 2022
- Driving theory tests are also administered through this office and take place at our online testing centre, Thie Ushtey on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (usually two sessions per day). You can book your driving theory tests here. Please note that Manx Utilities is currently carrying out essential maintenance works in the vicinity of Glencrutchery Road which may cause some disruption for candidates sitting tests at Thie Ushtey. We advise you to allow extra time for your journey to the test centre. If needed, you will be offered a set of ear defenders to minimise the noise but tests will run as scheduled. Should you wish to defer and re-schedule your test until the works have been completed, please contact the UCM exams office to book a test from September onwards.
- You can now sit GCSE and iGCSE Maths or English as a private candidate with us. Complete the application form for English or Maths.
Numerous computer-based exams are run from our testing centre at Thie Ushtey, including: Pearson Vue, Prometric, Certiport MOS, AAT and more. Many are booked via the awarding body but you can apply direct to UCM to sit AAT. We offer sessions up to 4 times a year to match the synoptic test windows - to book please download, complete and return the relevant booking form below (please note, you can only book one exam per session):
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more details about sitting an AAT exam at our centre.
Costings can be prepared for private candidates aged 14 or above (school year 10) who may wish to sit their exam (including GCSE’s IGCSE’s, As Levels and A’Levels) at UCM but study elsewhere. Should you wish to sit an examination in the Autumn series (October or November 2022), download the quotation form here.
Awarding body Information for Candidates
At UCM, we do not hold copies of your certificates. Once they have been collected, you will need to contact the board directly for these and there may be charges involved in obtaining them.
Please find below a list of our most common exam boards and their certificate replacement services:
- AQA: https://www.aqa.org.uk/contact-us/past-results-and-lost-certificates
- BTEC: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/Services/replacement-certificates.html
- Cambridge Assessment International: https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/exam-administration/results/lost-certificates/
- City & Guilds: https://www.cityandguilds.com/help/help-for-learners/replace-and-amend-certificates
- OCR: https://www.ocr.org.uk/students/replacement-certificates/
Sat an exam recently?
Find out more information about exam results here.