You've got experience, skills and anecdotes and we'd LOVE for you to share those with our younger learners to help inspire them. There's many ways you can get involved with UCM. If you or your organisation would like to be part of all or any of these initiatives please email Caroline.Walter@ucm.ac.im.
Guest lecturers & workplace visits
It's always inspiring for students to hear the experience of guest lecturers or to visit workplaces in the field they want to work in.
Throughout the year we run employability & skills events focussing around building transferable skills for their future careers, trying out interview techniques or to help students find part time or seasonal jobs. These typically include:
- Volunteering Week (November) - an opportunity for charities and organisations that have volunteer positions to network with students.
- National Careers Week (March) - an opportunity for organisations to network with students and help inspire their future careers.
- Jobs Week (April) - if you're looking for part time or seasonal staff this is a great opportunity to talk to students who are looking for a job.
- CV Panel - help our students develop their CVs.
- Interview Skills - help our students build interview skills that will help them build confidence and shine in the interview setting.
For most of our full-time courses, students have to complete meaningful work placements related to their studies.
Our final year degree and masters students complete a research project which is typically conducted in partnership with a local business. The students undertaking these projects would be those studying IT, business, event management & marketing, finance, media or social care. This model adds value to all.
How to get in touch
If you're interested in sharing your experience with the next generation please email Caroline.Walter@ucm.ac.im.