Our Student Ambassadors play a vital role in promoting UCM in the community through our open events, sharing your experience through content on social media, on our website and in the local press and representing UCM when we visit schools.
By becoming a Student Ambassador you'll develop skills and gain experience that looks great on your CV and on your UCM or UCAS application. It's always a great way to build your profile on the Island which is great for your future employment.
The Student Ambassador initiative is wide ranging to cover all subject areas of UCM and all levels of study.
- Support a variety of departments across UCM at recruitment and other campus events such as open days, information mornings, enrolment days and marketing events.
- Direct visitors and give them accurate information.
- Share experience of your own learning and life as a student at UCM.
- Conduct campus tours.
- Attend recruitment fairs and events to promote UCM.
- Other projects which may aid towards building awareness and reputation of UCM offering.
- Utilise social media to share information about campus life and raise PR.
- Create agreed for articles, videos and social media posts.
- Look for networking opportunities outside of UCM to raise awareness of the syllabus offered.
- Create an excellent first impression for potential students and guests visiting all UCM sites
- Be available to attend at least 2 planned events throughout the year (including out of term)
- Create a minimum of 4 pieces of content throughout the year.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Provide accurate information about UCM and the student perspective.
- Act as ambassador formally and informally throughout the duration of this assignment.
- Attend ad hoc events on request.
Requirements of the role:
- Be a current student of UCM.
- Have spent some time studying at UCM.
- Be enthusiastic, keen to get involved and positive.
- Good verbal communication.
- Ability to communicate to groups of people.
- Customer service skills desirable.
- Effective team working skills.
- Good time keeping
In return, you will be given training on how to promote UCM and create content on various mediums.
Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador?
This initiative is run by UCM's Marketing Team and we're currently recruiting for Student Ambassadors. To apply to become a Student Ambassador email email@example.com with the following details:
- Your name
- What course you're studying
You'll be invited for an informal chat with the Marketing Team to make sure you fulfil the above requirements and to explain more about the initiative. We'll also ask you to create a short piece of content (either a social media video or a written piece) about something you love about UCM.