Please see here for any exam updates, following Covid-19.
About the Exams Office
The Exams Office at UCM handles all elements of the examinations, from registration to certification 52 weeks a year, for the various courses and curricula we offer. They facilitate various types of exams including:
- Academic exams from entry-level upwards for a range of Awarding Bodies. Qualifications include functional skills, iGCSE, GCSE, GCE and Degree level.
- Vocational exams such as; City & Guilds, Highfield Catering and Motor Vehicle ABC Awards include written and online assessments as well as the recording of practical achievements.
- Professional exams: we facilitate examinations for a large number of Professional Awarding Bodies together with the University of Chester and, amongst others, the University of London and the University of Northumbria. Many students undertaking distance learning programmes find that they are able to sit their exams at UCM, saving them travel and accommodation costs, but also giving them more time to study in the run-up to the exam.
- Knowledge of Life in the UK and Islands which is an immigration requirement for people wanting to naturalise to the Island. These exams are usually held on the first Thursday of every month.
- Driving theory tests are also administered through this office and take place at our online testing centre, Thie Ushtey on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (usually two sessions per day). You can book your driving theory tests here.
A wide range of computer-based exams are run from our online testing centre at Thie Ushtey, including: Pearson Vue, Prometric, Certiport MOS, ACCA, AAT and more. Many are booked via the awarding body but you can apply direct to UCM to sit AAT/ACCA assessments here.
Costings can be prepared for private candidates who may choose to sit their exams at UCM but study elsewhere.
how vocational and technical qualifications will be awarded in 2021