Eventhough it is just the beginning of your course, preparing you for your future career begins straight away. Throughout your studies, UCM will provide opportunities and guidance to assist you in developing your employability skills and understand your career choices.
Your tutor will discuss careers with you during your tutorials and you can always make an appointment to see a Careers Advisor through Student Services:
- Personalised help from Careers Advisers is available from the IOM Careers Service.
- Employed.im access to vacancies, internships and work experience opportunities on the Isle of Man and enables you to design and manage your CV.
- All higher education students will have a lot of opportunities to meet experts and employers from organisations and businesses throughout the IOM.
- On some courses, you will also have the opportunity to join your peers in Chester on a study trip.
A range of career resources is also available through the University of Chester Careers and Employability Portal Page. These resources include content for:
- Choosing or changing careers, including job profiles.
- Skills tests, course search, job search advice.
Other useful resources include: