The Academic Support Centre (ASC) offers one-to-one or small group support to students who require extra help with their academic work. Typical examples of the specialist help given are:
- Revision sessions for students taking English or maths IGCSEs
- Study skills, essay planning, research techniques
- Skills building in areas such as spelling, algebra, percentages and punctuation
- Personal statements for UCAS applications
- Guidance for students working towards higher education qualifications
- Support for students with learning differences
In addition to the on-demand support listed above, the ASC also provides a scheduled support programme including maths booster groups, academic writing and personal statement tutorials.
ASC staff work flexibly, arranging appointments at times to suit students and, if required, work closely with subject tutors to ensure that individual needs are met. Providing a reassuring learning environment with helpful and approachable staff, this service can make a significant contribution to a student’s UCM experience.
Please complete the ASC Referral Form and return it to your tutor or bring it to the ASC, Room M223 (top of main stairs, main UCM site).
Your request will be processed and an appointment for one-to-one tuition, or place in a small group, will be sent to your tutor who will then pass the information on to you.