UCM ref: HEStudent005/02032021
2nd March 2021
Face-to-face classes will be suspended from Tuesday, 2nd March 2021 at 4pm
The IOM Government has recently announced that from midnight on Wednesday 3rd March 2021 the Isle of Man will be in a 3-week circuit break lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Therefore, University College Isle of Man (UCM) will be suspending face-to-face classes and customer facing operations, unless specified on our website, effective from 4pm today, 2nd March 2021.
- All face-to-face teaching is suspended during this time; this includes face-to-face lectures, tutorials and practical sessions, with very little exceptions (see below). Classes will instead be done remotely (where possible), please contact your tutor for details.
- Exams scheduled after 3pm today, Tuesday 2nd March, will be cancelled.
- Our customer-facing businesses: Cristory’s, Synnova Salon will be temporarily closed from 4pm on 2nd of March, and for the duration of the lockdown.
The suspension above does not apply to you if you belong to any of the following:
- The UCM hub for students with complex needs, will remain open during this circuit break lockdown.
- If you have complex needs or learning difficulties; please contact 648238/365302 or email email@example.com for any further details.
If you have any further worries or concerns which are not related to your course, or if the current situation is making you feel anxious, please call Student Services on 400555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will update our website regularly with information on any exams that may be running. Please continue to regularly check our website for updates and other information, if you have any queries contact email@example.com or call 648200. Stay safe and care for one another as we go through another challenging period.